Thursday 4 April 2013

My question is not on the same router that is installed on your computer, do I do if my printer on the network?

Written By Unknown; About: My question is not on the same router that is installed on your computer, do I do if my printer on the network? on Thursday 4 April 2013

printersall-in-one.blogspot.com ® My question is not on the same router that is installed on your computer, do I do if my printer on the network?

Challenge written by Yvette M: My question is how do I network my printer when it is installed on a computer that is not on the same router?

I have a network set up and networking my printer was not a problem until I set up 3 computers on a router, the router is on the main hub. I have a total of 15 computers however the 3 computers on the router cannot see the other 12 and vice versa because of the router. Someone on my staff who is no longer here had set it up in the past although I received a new HP along with a Brother printer that replaced the old “networked printer” and now I am stumped at how to hook it up again. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?


This is now focused on My question is how do I network my printer when it is installed on a computer that is not on the same router? that you might preferably should fix difficulties ourselves. Eventually it will help in lots of ways… which will create the way you live considerably better. Thinking focused on My question is how do I network my printer when it is installed on a computer that is not on the same router? can certainly be a simple solution later on.

Best answer:


Answer by robot5467

buy a switch that can handle all of your computers plus room for expansion, probably a 24 port would work for you


Answer by howtoms

Rather than buying a switch and making your network even more complicated, I would suggest purchasing an additional hub. These are very inexpensive anymore.


A simple 5 port would do the trick, but leaves less room for expansion than buying a 10 port. (better long term ROI) Whatever brand or size you decide on, the one you purchase needs to have a crossover port. You plug this port into an open port on your existing hub (or port on your router should work also). Plug your three computers into this hub. Reboot them, they’ll get a new IP address on the other side of your network and voila!


Another option would be to attach the printer to one of the other PCs, and then you have use by ten and exclusion of three instead of vice versa.


Any printer attached to, and ‘shared’ from, a PC dictates that that PC be on anytime anyone wants to print – don’t forget, so be sure to pick one that fits the description of being on more often than off.


Disclaimer: This additional hub solution will solve your problem inexpensively, but I would urge you to consider why it was set up that way initially. Depending on what your former tech was thinking, you may introduce other problems when solving this one.


Acknowledge far better?

Add your own special answer to the comments!


Cube has developed a maker bot printer that is easy and accessible to even the most non tech-savvy user. Users just need to visit Cubify.com, create or selec…


My question is not on the same router that is installed on your computer, do I do if my printer on the network?