Thursday 4 April 2013

Drive, a floppy drive installed on my computer after the speed of the display?

Written By Unknown; About: Drive, a floppy drive installed on my computer after the speed of the display? on Thursday 4 April 2013

printersall-in-one.blogspot.com ® Drive, a floppy drive installed on my computer after the speed of the display?

Predicament merely by simplyme: Display of drives slow down in My Computer after floppy drive install?

Lenovo WinXP Pro SP2 PC. It has Award BIOS and I enabled Drive A as 3.5 inch 1.44 MB floppy drive in BIOS set up, and then put the floppy drive on. Floppy works and it reads floppy disks, but it slows down the display of drive icons (both local and network drives) when you open My Computer.


I tried unchecking “Search for Network Folders And Printers” in Folder options, but didn’t fix it.


I tried a different floppy ribbon cable, and it did not fix it. Anyone know how to fix this kind of problem?

I tried another floppy drive. Same result.


Funny thing is (even though it makes my job hard), even after removing the floppy drive, I am having same result. I’ve restored the default setting in BIOS Set Up. It is a fairly recent Award BIOS.

In this kind of case, I think I have two options.

1) Flash the BIOS

2) Since my company so poor and don’t have Master Hard Drive image, I can use Rescue and Recovery built into Lenovo PC’s recovery partition. That way I can restore the Operating System files.


I need to fix it fast because the user will need to use her PC on Monday. Please give me your ideas.


Definitely is a look into Display of drives slow down in My Computer after floppy drive install? you will must fix complications with their. With any luck , this assists in lots of ways: to create your life considerably better. In hopes a look into Display of drives slow down in My Computer after floppy drive install? is going to be the most efficient to come back.

Most practical answer:


Answer by BillH

It’s simply the way floppy drives are. Windows needs to announce to the floppy drive to report when you display your drive icons. Floppy drives were not made to do this and take a long time to complete the announce.


Changing network drive settings will do NOTHING to the floppy drive access. The floppy drive is NOT a network drive.


The only way to speed it up again is to get rid of the floppy drive (which is what I’d do). Who uses floppies any more anyway?


Be sure far better?

Leave the actual answer while in the comments!


Drive, a floppy drive installed on my computer after the speed of the display?