Saturday 30 March 2013

Is there a way to set up a network printer that requires a password to prevent accidentally print job from the Vista?

Written By Unknown; About: Is there a way to set up a network printer that requires a password to prevent accidentally print job from the Vista? on Saturday 30 March 2013

printersall-in-one.blogspot.com ® Is there a way to set up a network printer that requires a password to prevent accidentally print job from the Vista?

Issue courtesy of Brandon: In vista is there a way to set a networked printer to require a password to prevent accidental print jobs?

I use windows vista home premium on my laptop and I connect to a networked printer when I’m at work. I want to set up the “printer” on my laptop to require a password every time i try to use that printer so that I don’t accidentally start printing jobs when I’m not even at work. Is there any way to do this?


Nevertheless this is remarkable facts about In vista is there a way to set a networked printer to require a password to prevent accidental print jobs? which you can must fix problems on their own. Maybe you will find in many ways, making the way you live greater. Who want remarkable facts about In vista is there a way to set a networked printer to require a password to prevent accidental print jobs? may perhaps be a remedy at some point.

Best solution:


Answer by Jim R

The easist way would be to create a new user named something like “printer.” Next, go into your printer sharing settings and grant “printer” share access and deny your main login access. This way when you attempt to print, you will get an access denied message and can then log in using the “printer” credentials.


This is off the top of my head and may require a little tweeking but it should work.


Have any idea better?

Leave the answer while in the comments!


From http://www.printershowcase.com a Video review of monochrome desktop laser printers, including HP Laserjet 4250, and Ricoh SP5100, For the most current m…


printers


Look through process of printers


For a few years now I’ve taken digital pictures, but I never printed them. If I wanted prints, I sent the files out and someone else printed them. I had an old color printer at home, but I used it so infrequently that the ink jets were always clogged. So before I could print, I had to run all sorts of unclogging software. Recently, though, I realized that my photo club had access to some nice printers. We had to pay for paper and ink, but that was all. However, there were two printers and two computers. Learning the software and hardware was a bit daunting. Recently, I decided to tackle it. A friend walked me through the printing of small images, large images, and very large images. I took notes furiously. Today, I tried following my notes. Voila! I made a print. I am a happy camper.


Is there a way to set up a network printer that requires a password to prevent accidentally print job from the Vista?