Saturday 30 March 2013

From the right-click menu in Windows XP How To remove the “print” command, what should I do?

Written By Unknown; About: From the right-click menu in Windows XP How To remove the “print” command, what should I do? on Saturday 30 March 2013

printersall-in-one.blogspot.com ® From the right-click menu in Windows XP How To remove the “print” command, what should I do?

Issue basically by kevlowe: How do I remove the “Print” command from the right click menu in Windows XP?

When I right click on a file, many options come up. I know that these are shell extensions, but I cannot find out how to get rid of the “print” command.

Trying to do this because at my work we have multiple printers, and customers far too often make mistakes by using this shortcut. I know that it is a shell extension, but I can’t find the location to edit the settings for it. I have found programs that allow me to hide this option, but I am looking for a way using the system or Registry Editor to fix it.


It’s everything regarding How do I remove the “Print” command from the right click menu in Windows XP? that you could really need to resolve conditions themselves. Now this’ll help in many ways; and to make the way you live much better. Needing everything regarding How do I remove the “Print” command from the right click menu in Windows XP? will probably be an option in later life.

Solution:


Answer by sonyaarrieta

don’t think you can. why would you want to anyways


Answer by bFunk

This can be disabled by removing registry items. You can find which application is handling a certain file type by looking up the extension, in this case .doc. In the .doc entry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.doc) the default value refers to another registry key for the application that’s handling the file type.


In my case it’s Word.Document.8 (Word 2003), the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Document.8\shell shows you all the shell extensions. Remove Print including all subtrees and your done. Rinse and repeat for other file types.


Do know far better?

Leave your own answer within a comments!


How a woodblock print is made.


Day 127 | Prints, Prints, Prints


Artwork simply by Day 127 | Prints, Prints, Prints


There was a golden envelope waiting for me when I got home from class today.


This is part of my prize from the Threadless Blank Tee Contest. The amazingly talented Priscilla, valorandvellum, gave me five prints of designs she submitted to Threadless.com! Soooooooooo niiiiiiiiiceeeee..*drools*..


From the right-click menu in Windows XP How To remove the “print” command, what should I do?